For Your First Practice
Interested in coming to practice for the first time? We are excited to have you! Here are some tips that you can use to prepare:
- Join Numenor’s Facebook Group and say Hello!
- Bring appropriate fighting attire:
- Comfortable athletic clothes (that you don’t mind getting dirty)
- Tennis shoes or other closed-toe comfortable shoes.
- Knee pads
- Gloves if you have them (weight lifting, Lacrosse, or UFC are commonly used)
- Water bottle! Hydration is important
- If you normally wear glasses, you may want to bring contacts or sports goggles. If not, bring an older pair of glasses to wear when fighting.
- Loaner weapons are available for your use for the first few practices. After you have come to several practices, we can advise you on ways to obtain your own weapons or equipment.
Our realm is always growing, and we enjoy teaching new members as we improve our own fighting skills.
Several members who don’t fight (know as non-coms), come to practices to watch the fighting, work on crafts, or socialize.
NOTE: If you are 17 years old or younger, you will need to have the waiver signed by your parent or guardian and notarized.